Sunday, May 5, 2019

Ramadan Is Here!!



The time has come! Ramadan is upon us and I'm so excited Mash'allah. As we go into the Holy month, I want to focus more on my writing here so that we can all encourage each other during the month of fasting. 

While we all are preparing ourselves for Ramadan, I want to point out a few things as a reminder:

1. pray the daily prayers on time and put more effort into praying the Sunnah prayers.

2. Recite and reflect upon the Quran and, if you can, try learnuing the meaning of some of the surahs you recite 

3. repent and make dua. Remember, the best of sinners are the ones who repent.

4. Give charity. giving charity has never made anyone broke and insha'allah by giving we will receive something more by the will of Allah.  

I have been thinking of what I wanted to work on this Ramadan and I actually came up with a few things. One being that I want to take Arabic courses so that I can teach my sons as they get older. Good thing my little sister can read, write and speak it so she can teach all of us, my mom included mash'allah. 

I want to become stronger in my religion. This is a big deal for me because this time around every year, I find myself feeling guilty about not being on my deen as much as I should be. I want that to be my one of my main focuses after Ramadan ends. 

I want to also remind my brothers and sister in Islam that we are fasting from more than just food. Take the month to become stronger in your faith, get your mind right, learn, and be as obligated as Allah wills you to be.  

May everyone has a successful and prosperous Ramadan, inshallah!


No comments:

Post a Comment