Monday, September 25, 2017

Fenty Beauty Is Here !


I know!! I always say "don't kill me" but y'all can this time. I've been SUPER busy with preparing for EJ's arrival that I totally neglected the blog! Oops! 
But I promise to make it up to you all with this post right here. 

So a few weeks ago, Bad Gal RiRi took the beauty world by storm when she debuted her makeup line Fenty Beauty by Rihanna. We all went bananas for it was being carried by Sephora, reasonable in price AND included 40 Fu*king Shades of Foundation!! 40! 

Of course I had to grab something. I mean, after all, I am a huge fan and a makeup lover so t was only right I spent my life savings on the collection. Right? Wrong. I went on Sephora's site, grabbed what I could because almost everything was completely sold out (my shade of foundation still is). 


It has been recently reported by Forbes that Rihanna's beauty line is set to make more than KKW Beauty and Kylie Cosmetics. WOW! Go Robin! 

A lot of things excited me about the line but I think where Rihanna became an innovator is when she blessed us with forty shades of foundation ranging from porcelain to the deepest of melanin... on her first try! Most times, makeup companies tend to have a wide range of shades but they fail to cater to brown girls who are the deepest of ebonies. But Rihanna and her team did a great job of targeting shade range and also multiple undertones (which is SUPER important).


So let's get into all the products... 

Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation $34.00

Ok so this foundation is meant to feel like skin. It is very light weight and thin. It was inspired by Rihanna's makeup go to look which is soft and natural. It's supposed to give you a "nothing there" sort of feel. So if you're looking for cake, this isn't it. I will say that is foundation dries very quickly so you must work fast when using it. Nonetheless, it is a must have! 


Killawatt Freestyle Highlighter $34.00

BITCH! 6 ones to choose from! 4 which are duos! 2 which are singles! 1 which will change your life!! 

Ok so if you know me you know I love a good glow!! I attended the launch party at sephora and when I say I fell in love with all six of these!!! Each and everyone one has its own umph to it and if you're a MUA, I highly suggest having all of the duos in your kit. TROPHY WIFE. Trophy wife is like putting 24k melted gold on your face!! It's life changing and if you want a versatile highlighter, these are for you! You can use them as an eyeshadow, cheek highlight, on your collarbone, where ever! 


Gloss Bomb Universal Lip Luminizer $18.00

This is where I got a bit disappointed. Because like.. there's only 1?? But I had to remember what was the inspiration and goal behind putting this line together... a no makeup makeup look. So when I purchased and received my gloss bomb and put it on, I felt exactly where RiRi was coming from. This shade of gloss literally looks good on anyone. It's perfect as a topper for a pinky nude lipstick such as velvet teddy by MAC. It's just a s beautiful on its own though too. I feel like you can't just buy one of these... you need at least one in your purse at all times and a back up to keep at home... and it smells Soooooo goooood and sweet OMG! I love the gloss because it's really smooth and not sticky like other glosses and has a really settle shimmer to it. Perf. 

Match Stix Trio $54.00

I have it and I love it!! Ok so this is basically an essential I'm the collection. 3 sticks: conceal, contour, highlight. Genius! I love the creamy feel of all of them although a few bloggers have complained about how it feels against the foundation. You just have to know how to work with it. The trios come in different sets: lights, mediums, darks. The combo I purchased was the deep set: suede (concealer), expresso (contour), and sinamon (highlight). It's a must buy, but if you don't want to purchase all three, or one of the stix doesn't quite match you too well, you might want to invest in the...

Match Stix Shimmer Skinstick $25.00

This product is a fighter which comes in ten colors (golds, rose golds, orange, purple, red orange). I kind of want them all. 

Match Stix Matte Skinstick $25.00

This product is a concealer. It comes in 20 shades. I want them all for my kit. 


Pro Filt'r Instant Retouch Primer $32.00

I didn't really see the point in purchasing this item because I have my go to primer that I swear by. But for the hell of it, I tested it at the launch party and it feels really nice actually. It's very moisturizing so I wouldn't suggest using a moisturizer before applying this... it moisturizes and primes. It is in fact not a silicone primer and had a pinkish color to it. 


Invisimatte Blotting Powder $32.00

I haven't heard too much about this powder. Again I have a powder that is my holy grail so I wasn't too pressed to try this. What I will say is that it's very soft and velvety and I will accept it as a gift but as far as purchasing it myself, I'm in no rush. 

Full Bodies Foundation Brush 110 $34.00

This is probably the only brush I want to purchase out of the collection. It is amazing from what I got to test at the party. It is very soft and rounded and sort of dense which is good for buffing. Every review that I've watched says that this is the only brush they would use with the foundation. But a duo fiber brush would also work good with the foundation in my opinion. 

Cheek Hugging Highlight Brush 120 $32.00

Also known as the "shark tooth brush", this brush is used for the highlighters in the collection. It's shape is literally meant to hug your cheek and get that product blended into your skin. 

Portable Contour and Concelar Brush 150

Portable Highlighter Brush 140

Portable Touch Up Brush 130

All portable brushes are $24.00

I wouldn't suggest really buying these unless you're always on the go. The Contour and concealer brush is the only one I would aim for because it's rounded shape allows for use of multiple products especially touch up powder. 


Precision Makeup Sponge 100 $16.00

Ladies and gentlemen.. we have a beauty blender! Playing around with this, I need it and here's why: the flat part. 

Although I blend my concealer out with a flat tapered foundation brush. I wouldn't mind using this sponge to blend. Word on the street is that the flat part blends like a dream and the rounded part can be used for foundation application. You could also use the flat part to bake. 

Invisimatte Blotting papers $16.00

I'm not going to lie. I want to try these. For some reason I prefer sheets over powder because it's less product being packed on my face. I love the color of the case too which is a plus. One thing that doesn't benefit me (but to each its own) is that there's a rumor that these are meant to double as rolling papers for marijuana. We all know Riri blows it down, so it wouldn't be too hard to believe. Lol 

If you have any questions or comments about this post or any of the products, please feel free to comment below 

Xoxo 






No comments:

Post a Comment