Wednesday, October 11, 2017

NOVA IS HERE !!



The time has come! And passed! On October 2, 2017, I gave birth to my second baby boy, Nova. He was born at 1:23am via c-section weighing in at 7 lbs. 

I went into labor on October 1 at about 6 or 7 pm. Earlier that day, everything was normal. I fed Nur, and although I was having a bit of pain, it was tolerable. I was chatting with my mother via FaceTime and I told her about my pains once they started to become more intense. Because of my terrible case of Braxton Hicks, she was over me and my false alarms.

So I called Shannon and she came right over. Nur stayed with my mom, who was still convinced that I was being dramatic. We went to the hospital and it turns out that I was 5 centimeters!!!! Half way through ...ok.




So I called Sadao once I was admitted, called my mother and everyone else. Long story short, I ended up having a c section... HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE (I'm still recovering). While on my way to the recovery room, Sadao asks "so since it's not a girl what do you want as a name? I like Yuri." Yuri is too close Nuri... so I immediately thought of how I would binge watch Queen Sugar once this was all over. The name Nova then somehow seemed so perfect. So we named him just that❤️

To see most of my experience in the hospital, click here ➡️ https://youtu.be/A6y4ztrz51E

No comments:

Post a Comment